4.15.2009

Road Rage Helps Spark A New Idea!

I have such a busy week ahead of me. Thank goodness that I have at least one day off (today) for this week! I am making up a drill that I missed for the month of February, and I also have to work this weekend for my regular drill for this month. I do like being a reservist in the Air Force, but having children can make it all a bit tough.

While I was out earlier today to get some groceries, I got some mild road rage at a woman at least 70 years of age. Now, why would she pull out in the middle of a busy road and wait there, because she realized a bit too late that it wasn't her right-of-way? Whoa. I really think that either we should have a renewed driving class after we hit the retirement age, or DL's should just be confiscated once you hit your 80th birthday. Seriously. And I don't mean that to be rude, but for the safety of the rest of us!

Which reminds me...it's time to give up my Oklahoma DL for a new California one. So long Sooners!


The Oklahoma Sooners football team enters the ...Image via Wikipedia

So I finally came up with a really creative ritual for Wednesday blogs!

Here it is... Wacky News Wednesday!

I love it! I use to read about crazy people/events in the news all the time when I was younger, and I would love to add some of it to my blog! It might be some silly news, but hey, we will certainly get a laugh out of it!

Wacky News Wednesday

(Credits to http://www.associatedpress.com & http://www.msnbc.msn.com/)

DENVER - Kelly Coffman-Lee wanted to tell the world about her love of tofu by picking the letters for her car's license plate.

But her tofu fondness ran into a snafu at the Division of Motor Vehicles, which blocked her plan because they thought the combination of letters could be interpreted as profane. Her suggestion for the plate on her Suzuki: "ILVTOFU."

Department of Revenue spokesman Mark Couch said the letters could be misinterpreted.

Coffman-Lee, 38, said tofu is a staple of her family's diet because they are vegan and that the DMV misinterpreted her message.


And that's it for now!





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?