3.11.2009

dear mother-in-law,...

I hate to be neglectful of my blog.
Too bad my life is just so crazy and busy!

I went back to work this past Monday after being out for three months. They completely changed everything around, from the computer system and how to handle customer accounts, to where I sit (YES! I don't have to sit in the CORNER anymore!), to my supervisor. Whew. I guess I am pleased with the changes overall. It's too bad I still have to work in the first place.

Babies are doing well, DJ will be three months old on the 19th! Daddie's parents are killing me though! To make a long story short, both of his parents don't work due to health issues that prevent them from having the ability (so she says, hmmm..). I have argued my point time & time again on why I think DJ should just go to a baby sitter. If you have health problems, wouldn't that mean you CAN'T watch a child? Isn't that why you are on disability in the first place? I happen to consider taking care of a child as WORK!

I lost the argument of course. Whatever. I say if you want to watch him, then do it, but if I hear one PEEP about how you can't handle it anymore, well, screw you, you messed up, and you better acknowledge that I am right. I am just waiting on when his parents (mostly his dear mother) are gonna start complaining about how difficult it is to watch him. She already started yesterday by bringing up the fact that he spits up after he eats. Her tone of voice was really annoyed, like maybe I should be "fixing" his spit up "problem" and I'm not doing anything about it. Right. The thing I don't understand is, wasn't she a parent herself? Evidently, neither of her two children spit up their milk/formula in their life. She calls it "throw up" instead of "spit up." I guess to make it sound much more horrible than it already is.
I could go on and on about this lady, my god.

I think the thing I've learned though, is that sons fear and respect their mother's more than anything. I can understand that and I do agree, but I think that can only go so far. If a son can't differentiate when his mother is wrong and can't bring it to her attention, then it's obvious that the relationship is not healthy and, well, he doesn't have any balls.

All I can really do now is remind myself that it's not a big deal, and the best thing to get over the situation is to laugh at it. Oh yes, and maybe blog about it, too. And maybe move real far away....? I've heard Texas has some nice land out there...

Here are some site that I have come across ... just to have a laugh...

There is a "How-To" for everything. Here is a very valuable how to..
http://www.ehow.com/how_2069904_keep-from-killing-annoying-inlaws.html
..And how NOT to become an annoying mother-in-law (just because she is, doesn't mean you should be!)
http://www.ehow.com/how_2285728_not-be-annoying-mother-inlaw.html
There are some basic rules to dealing with them. Yes, in-laws can be difficult.
http://life.familyeducation.com/in-laws/family/48061.html
Here is a blog about hellish mother-in-laws..glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!
http://motherinlawhell.com/


Here are my personal, from experience tips on how to deal with or act around your MIL.
1.Lie to her. She made some roast beef? Tell her that it was excellent! DON'T tell her she should have flavored it more. She just might beat you up.
2.Avoid long conversations. She probably doesn't really want to hear what you have to say anyway.
3.Give her as little information as possible. She does not need to know everything about you and your husband's life.
4. NEVER, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER argue in with your husband in front of her. She will butt in, and of course, take his side. Whether he is wrong or not.

Thank god for blogs. Thank you to everyone who listens, and can identify with at least some of what I go through.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Are parents-in-laws the best? Ugh, I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I just wish they would shut the hey up and mind their own business. Of course, I don't think that's possible lol

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?