3.22.2009

One Thing The Hubby Isn't Good For & Another Lovely Idea

It's raining this Sunday. Life is okay so far, let's see...
I recently got my bangs cut over a month ago and they had been growing out a little too much for what I like. So it seems that in order to maintain the length of the bangs the way I want them to be, I would have to get them trimmed about every 4 to 6 weeks, somewhere in between, maybe. I paid almost $20 bucks to have them cut last time, which was the first time I've had bangs since...who knows??!
I don't want to keep paying $20 bucks every month to get a trim, so I decided I would cut them myself.

I chickened out.

Then, my husband proceeded to cut them for me.
Bad idea, he sucks, and they looked completely uneven & totally lopsided on the right side. (I should have known! He messed up my daughter's bangs one time COMPLETELY! Poor baby.)

But of course, he says it couldn't have been his fault because he cut them the way I instructed him to (start in the middle where it's one length and end on the ends where it's a little bit longer to give a certain effect).

Oh well, I believe I managed to fix them, and if not, I'll just be using bobby pins for a while. Love those things!

Anyway, I came up with a few more ideas on what to write in my blog to liven it up & have some fun. As you may have seen from my last entry, I started my Essential Things Thursday... so now, get ready for...(here comes the drum roll!!) Super 5 Sunday! Yeah!

Here is where I have a random topic, anything from Barbie to sports cars, or trees to blogging, whatever, and I provide you with the five best linkages to that topic, or I will give you some new ideas for certain things! Should be real fun and interesting, we will see how it goes!

By the way, I have one more idea for Wednesdays, but you'll just have to see what it is in a few days!

New Uses for Everyday Items!
1. VELCRO! You probably have a couple pairs of shoes that you didn't tie, but you velcroed? Instead of hanging your pictures on the wall with those nails, why not try it out with some velcro?

2. A DRYER SHEET! Yes, they certainly make your laundry smell fresh. But they can also pull up Rover's dog hairs and Lady's cat fur!

Dog on CouchImage by Tojosan via Flickr



3.ZIPLOC BAGS! Good to store food. Even better to use to put frosting on your daughter's birthday cake. (Use the corner of the bag!)

4. COFFEE FILTERS! We all know you drink coffee. If not you, then your husband sure does. For those plants that you have in your kitchen window sill or outside in your garden, stick them in the flower pots. That will help prevent the soiling from falling out!

5. NEWSPAPERS! What's the latest headline? You can wrap your gifts in newspaper if you don't have wrapping paper handy!

So long, farewell, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!








Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I love the layout of your blog and how you write, it's so much fun to read...all the pretty colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! That is exactly how I know I'm writing well! I'm glad you enjoy my blog!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?